October 04, 2021
Yesterday, the finest synchronizer rings for your ‘Muncie’ four-speed were made in Wuhan, China.
Today, they come from Yokohama, Japan.
Synchronizer rings good enough to be in your STREET car.
Synchronizer rings good enough to be in your RACE car.
Synchronizer rings good enough to be Auto Gear N Series.
ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURE: Made by a Japanese OEM automotive supplier to Nissan, New Venture Gear and Manual Transmissions of Muncie.
DURABLE: FORGED from premium, high-performance synchronizer bronze.
ACCURATE: Prints developed from General Motors originals.
BEST IN CLASS:
- Correct 110 degree blocking teeth pointing for smoother engagement and longer life.
- Controlled conical dimensions for easier release.
- Quicker synchronization through increased cone contact (highest percentage available).
- Exclusive pilot lug design minimizes ring-to-cone eccentricity and synchronizer ring rattle.
Produced exclusively for Auto Gear. Available for ‘Muncie’ four-speeds 1966-1974 (reinforced ring) as a set of FOUR (4). Auto Gear Part Number 18-091-010-4X.
INTRODUCTORY PRICE: $80.00 usd F.O.B. Syracuse, New York.
A Black Friday special that won’t disappear after Cyber Monday!
November 27, 2019
NEW AUTO GEAR N-SERIES ‘M20’
Four-speeds, 10 Splines in, 27 Splines out
In the crate and ready to ship US $1,635
F.O.B. Syracuse, New York.
AUTO GEAR’S NEW V-SERIES
2nd Quarter Delivery US $2,995
F.O.B. SYRACUSE, NEW YORK
Two Speed Announcement
October 02, 2018
The season may be ending, but prepping for the next race never does.
You’re always planning a faster, more reliable car; Auto Gear would be
proud to help you build it.
If short tracks are your stage, we’d like you to consider the Model 32
‘Syracuse’ two-speed we’ll be shipping from early November.
(1) based on the race-proven ‘Syracuse’ four-speed
(2) uses the legendary M22 ‘Rock Crusher’ gear geometry
(3) ‘slick-shifted’ gearing shifts fast, even at high rpm
(4) lightweight cool-running aluminum castings
(5) low friction ‘super-finished’ gears and shafts
(6) sealed ball bearings for long life
(7) optional 10 or 26 input splines
(8) optional 27 or 32 output splines
(9) drop-in alternative to Saginaw or GM T10
Available direct FOB Syracuse, New York, assembled for US $1,450 or DIY
for US $1,250.
New M23 Gearsets!
January 22, 2018
You’d think with twenty seven choices we’d covered every requirement, but the quarter-mile community found one we missed: a mid 1.30’s third for our ultrawide sets. So now there are thirty six (thirty three possibly useful). Check it out here. And if you’re now even more unsure which is for you, Nathan is always available to help you sort it out.
N-SERIES FOUR-SPEEDS GET A NEW SHIFT COVER!
February 27, 2017
We are pleased to announce that, effective immediately, all new Auto Gear N-Series four-speeds, whether assembled in Syracuse or from kits from approved distributors, will ship with a new shift cover assembly.
The new design offers:
(1) Larger diameter shift towers
(2) A larger and longer pivot pin tower
(3) Ribs (‘handcuffs’) connecting the shift towers, pivot tower and base
(4) A longer detent lever support
(5) Chemical gasket support
Why should you care?
The stronger new assembly was designed to contain the cover-distorting stress of aggressive high rpm shifting.